Monday, May 18, 2009

crying it out...

Well, it's been a few months since we sarted the 'cry it out' method. It is still hard for me to listen to her crying in her room, but in the past few weeks I have noticed that if I just wait a few more minutes she will fall asleep.. she's so tired... This works really well for naps. She takes a nap for 2 hours everyday! Lucky me!! It wan't always that way. It was really hard to get here, and all I can keep thinking is it will get better.. and it does , everyday.. thankfully :)

One thing I can't understand, again she does this really well..for naps, but come bedtime, no way. She can only fall asleep if I give her a few more ounces. Why does she do this? Anyone have any ideas.. think I need a new approcah to this!

2 comments:

  1. It's okay to give her a couple more ounces at night, though I would be leery of her relying on having the bottle to fall asleep. You could run into trouble with this one when she's a bit older and you're trying to ween her off of it.

    I would suggest, giving her a larger bottle at her last feeding, then create a night routine, reading a couple books, saying goodnight to the cats, Ben, you. Create a time break between bottle and sleep. She probably will cry at first, but after a couple weeks, she should have a good routine down.

    Just some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't always want more. Just a few times a week. But, Her teeth are coming really fast now and she is always uncomfortable. That coincided with this new sleep pattern!!

    ReplyDelete